September saw our volunteers working through some very wet days! Our team worked on the below;
- A trial fit of the balance pipe for the side tanks was done, and the balance pipe control valve is now being lapped.
- Various pipework was fitted, including new gaskets for the joints between the balance pipe, side tanks, and feed water pipes to the injectors.
- Fabrication and insulation work on the steam dome were started and later tidied up.
- Work on the fire hole door's shovel protector and smokebox steam pipe blanking plates continued. The firehole door shovel protector was eventually completed.
- Parts for the grate were prepared, and fixing bolts and nuts under the side tanks were serviced.
- Sander outlet pipes were located and prepared for painting, eventually being primed.
- Work on covering plates for the smokebox and steam pipes continued, as well as on blanking plates for the bottom of the smokebox.
- Three pairs of washout plug surrounds for the boiler cladding were cleaned and primed.
- Welding was done on the firebox's bottom plates and some ashpan fittings.
- The painting of the PMV is ongoing, boosted by volunteers from "Southern & Scottish Electricity."
- A scaffold tower was erected adjacent to the shelter, and internal tidying of vehicles continued.
- Paul Antell visited to inspect the firebox and agreed to return for welding.